Happy December! I hope everyone had a wonderful November! I feel like I ate thanksgiving dinner all month long. I am using this month to get back in line with my goals. One of those was to be a healthier person. I love to over indulge when it comes to food and drink. A little here and there is fine, but all in moderation right???
I came up with this recipe after reading Jolen Hart’s books. It’s so easy, and is delicious! Best of all? No added sugar. It’s tangy sweet from the fruit.
You will need:
- A blender
- 2 packets of frozen açai
- 1 banana
- No sugar added blueberry juice
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chia seeds
- Fresh blueberries
- For some extra protein I also usually toss in a handful of walnuts
The how to:
- Run your açai packers under warm water for a few seconds
- Place the two packets into your blender along with 1 banana
- Add just enough juice to begin blending (usually 1/4 cup)
- Blend on high adding juice until you get your desired consistency (you’ll want it to remain thick so be careful when pouring)
- Place your blended concoction into a bowl and top with blueberries, coconut, and all the chia your heart desires!
I really love this as a snack when I’m craving something sweet (which is always).
What are you variations of this?
How do you keep yourself healthy?