I thought today I would share my easy go to cocktail. It is a take on a margarita that comes in at under 150 calories!!!
This cocktail is tropical with hints of smoke. It will definitely keep the April shower blues away. If you like your drinks on the sweeter side add half an ounce of simple syrup. (Cocktail is around 130 calories without the ss).
Here is what you need:
- Fresh pineapple (chunks)
- Fresh mint
- Dole 100% Pineapple juice
- Fresh squeezed lime juice
- Simple Syrup (optional)
- Salt and chile for rim (optional)
The how to:
- In a shaker muddle about 3-4 pineapple chunks and a couple of mint leaves.
- Add 1 ounce of Mezcal
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 ounces lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (optional, I make mine without this)
- Fill shaker with ice and shake away!
- Coat the rim of your glass with salt and chili for an extra kick!
- Top your glass
- Garnish with lime and mint and enjoy
It’s the freaking weekend! Go have fun and enjoy!