Happy birthday to me… I have officially entered ADULTHOOD.
I remember being around 7 years old and thinking how old 20 sounded. Ha! I still remember having lots of wild ideas of where my life would be by the time I was 25. Well younger self, we did not become the next Indiana Jones, we did not go on tour as a backup dancer for Britney Spears, and we certainly are not old. We did, however, learn many valuable life lessons over the years.
I’ve learned the value of reflecting on what it is like to walk in my own shoes.
The most important things I have learned in my twenty six years of life:
- Life is short, enjoy every moment and do not waste time being angry.
- Bringing joy to others will bring you more happiness than you can imagine.
- People will dissapoint you. Be ready to let go of those who do not make you a better version of yourself.
- Don’t be afraid of anything. (Including that exotic meat you swore you would N.E.V.E.R.)
- Be forgiving. Give people a second chance. First impressions are not always accurate.
- Chase your dreams!!! Don’t give up. Put yourself out there and find others with similar goals who can help you on your journey.
- There is always something to be learned from your failures.
- ALWAYS tell the people you love how important they are to you and don’t let special moments with them pass you by.
I am very excited to see where life takes me. I am extremely thankful for all the people who surround me and support me through all my silly adventures.
What are some of the things life has taught you?